Outlook for the luxury brand at its strongest
Shaza Hotels, a member of the Global Hotel Alliance, is powering ahead with continued portfolio growth and expansion. The group announced today at the Arabian Travel Market (ATM) in Dubai, plans to open six new properties in 2019. The new openings will double the number of keys for the brand while marking its debut in key destinations such as Riyadh, Sharjah, Dubai and Doha.
Mr. Simon Coombs, President and CEO of Shaza Hotels, stated: “We are the number one luxury operator offering true Arabian hospitality and 2019 represents the company’s strongest opening pace since our launch. We are very excited to expand our presence in the GCC with both Shaza Hotels and Mysk by Shaza brands. This year we have six new properties lined up for opening and the first of these Shaza Hotel Residences, Riyadh began operations in February.”
Giving details of the other openings, Mr. Coombs added: “We recently signed an agreement with the Sharjah Investment and Development Authority (Shurooq) to manage three retreats, namely Kingfisher Lodge in Kalba, Al Badayer Oasis in Al Badayer and Al Faya Lodge close to Mleiha. These high-end destinations under the ‘Sharjah Collection’ brand, will be operated and managed by our upscale Mysk by Shaza brand. We have already welcomed our first guests in Kingfisher Lodge last month and are now getting ready to celebrate the grand opening. In addition, we have two other fabulous hotels getting ready for opening in the third and fourth quarter of the year, namely Shaza Doha and Mysk The Palm in Dubai.”
The upcoming properties will diversify the brand’s offering with a unique mix of hotels, resorts and retreats, some of which will allow tourists to discover the hidden gems of the Arabian Peninsula such as the ‘Sharjah Collection’. Mr. Coombs stressed: “The latest additions to our portfolio are testament to our compelling value proposition to our partners delivering long-term growth as well as our commitment to provide our guests with a diverse mix of accommodation options in some of the region’s most extraordinary locations.”
Elaborating on the group’s expansion strategy, Mr. Coombs stated: “The various tourism initiatives by the authorities in the region are fuelling continued growth for our industry. Given the massive opportunity, Shaza Hotels has outlined an ambitious expansion strategy that is aimed at accelerating our growth in the region and beyond. Our goal is to have 70% of the portfolio in the GCC with focus on Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Jeddah, Riyadh, Al Khobar, Makkah and Madinah as well as secondary cities in KSA driving superior returns to our stakeholders and associates. The remaining 30% will be outside the region with a focus on high-growth markets such as Turkey, Egypt, Indonesia and Malaysia where we have some interesting projects under consideration.”
Visitors to the Arabian Travel Market in Dubai (28 April – 1 May 2019) can find Shaza Hotels on stand HC1050 located in Sheikh Saeed Arena in Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
About Shaza Hotels
Shaza is the leading hotel management company dedicated to offering true Arabian hospitality inspired by the traditions and culture of various countries along the Silk Route and reflected by the supremely elegant Middle Eastern style décor and serene ambiance that is appreciated by the most discerning travellers.
With four hotels already operational in the Middle East – Shaza Makkah in the Holy city, the multiple award-winning Shaza Al Madina, the newly opened Shaza Riyadh and the flagship hotel under the “Mysk by Shaza” brand Mysk Al Mouj in Muscat – the brand is expanding rapidly with the opening this year of three retreats under the Sharjah Collection, followed by Shaza Doha, Shaza Salalah and Mysk The Palm in Dubai. Shaza is a member of Global Hotel Alliance (GHA), the world’s largest alliance of independent hotel brands.
For more information please visit www.shazahotels.com
About Global Hotel Alliance
Global Hotel Alliance (GHA) is the world’s largest alliance of independent hotel brands, bringing together more than 30 brands with over 550 hotels in 75 countries. GHA uses a shared technology platform to drive incremental revenues and create cost savings for its member brands. GHA’s award-winning loyalty programme, DISCOVERY, provides 14 million members exclusive opportunities to immerse themselves in local culture wherever they travel. For more information, visit globalhotelalliance.com
For further information please contact:
Follow us on:
Twitter: @ShazaHotels @MyskbyShaza
Instagram: @ShazaHotels @MyskbyShaza
#ShazaHotels #IamShaza #MyskbyShaza